Number 1 walks start at 10.00 am. All other walks start at 10.30 am unless otherwise stated.
(1) RIBBLEWAY WEST – 10 Miles
Cars to Ribchester Pay and Display CP – GR 649 352.
Hothersall Hall, Grimsargh, Bolton Fold.
(2) BOB’S SMITHY WALK – 8 Miles
Park on Old Kiln Lane near Bob’s Smithy Pub, BL1 7PX, GR SD 675 111.
Walk – Old Kiln Lane, Wallsuches, Wilderswood, Burnt Edge, Barrow Bridge Old Links.
(3) THEM THERE MOORS WALK – 7 Miles
MP Graining Wood CP Bolton Road Darwen, GR SD 669 200, PC BB3 2LY.
Walk – Prospect Farm, Cadshaw Bridge, Entwistle Reservoir, Edge Lane Tom Barn Cranberry Moss and return.
(4) LONGWORTH CLOUGH – 6 Miles
Meet at Eagley Sports Centre/Cricket Club car park. BL7 9PF. Follow Blackburn Road to Dunscar Bridge. Turn acute right and follow cobbled road to carpark. Signposted.
Walk – Longworth Clough, Lower Fold Farm, Spring and Dingle Reservoirs and return.
CHRISTMAS LUNCH WALK AT BRADSHAW CRICKET CLUB
All walks start from the club BL2 3EU, GR SD 735 120, and return for a pre-booked lunch at the club at 12.30pm.
- 10.00am start. A walk around Bradshaw and the Jumbles – 6/7 Miles
- 10.30am start. A shorter walk around the Jumbles – 5/6 Miles
- 11.00am start. A short walk around the Jumbles area – 3 miles
O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL
All walks start from The Barlow, Edgworth, BL7 0AP, GR SD 742 166, followed by mulled wine and a pastie at The Rose & Crown BL7 0AR.
- 10.00am start. Pilgrim’s Cross, Peel Tower, Two Brooks, Quarlton – 10 Miles
- 10.30am start. Edgworth circular – 8 Miles
- 10.30am start. Wayoh, Clough House Farm, Entwistle Edge Lane – 7 Miles
- 11.30am start. Turton Bottoms, Turton Tower, Chapeltown, Wayoh (bring lunch) – 5 Miles
No organised walks