Number 1 walks start at 10.00 am. All other walks start at 10.30 am unless otherwise stated.
(1) Jumbles, Affetside, Longsight Park – 10 miles
Park at Jumbles car park. SD 736 139 (BL7 9AX) off A676 Bradshaw Road.
Walk – Affetside, Hill End Farm, Bottom of Moor, Bradshaw Brook, Jumbles Reservoir.
(2) Foulridge Boundary – 8 miles
To Wharf Cafe car park. Park at far end near canal, BB8 7PP. GR SD 888 427.
Walk – Foulridge upper reservoir, Throstle Nest, Great Hague Farm, County Brook Mill, Mount Pleasant Chapel, Slipper Hill reservoir. Foulridge Lower reservoir and return.
(3) Nuttall Park – 7 miles
Meet at Nuttall Park, GR SD 795 163.
Walk – Nuttall Park, Ramsbottom, Chatterton, Lumb, Irwell Vale (Lunch) and return via Stubbins and Ramsbottom.
(4) Worthington Lakes – 5/6 miles
Meet at Worthington Lakes car park on Chorley Road, the A5106, WN1 2XN. GR SD 581 105.
Walk – by the Lakes, Arley Lane, School Lane, Winstanleys, Leeds & Liverpool Canal and back.
(1) Greenfield to Marsden (Linear walk) – 11.7 miles
Park on B6175, Shaw Hall Bank Road SD 991 047 (OL3 7JZ). Approach Greenfield on the A669 then the A670 for a very short distance. Turn right to cross over railway at Greenfield Station and immediately turn right again along B6175 and park your car on the road – there is no car park. Meet outside the Railway Pub, opposite railway station.
Walk – Greenfield Station, Huddersfield Narrow Canal, Diggle, Brun Clough reservoir, Warcock Hill, Pule Hill, Tunnel End, Cupwith Hill, Marsden Centre (beers at Brewery Tap). Return to Greenfield by bus.
(2) Pleasington to Witton Park – 8 miles
Cars to The Railway pub, Victoria Road Pleasington, BB2 5JE. GR SD 642 261.
Walk – Witton Park, Wainright memorial, Houghton, and return.
(3) Knowle Hill – 6 miles
Meet at Owd Betts Pub opposite PC OL12 7TW.
Walk – Knowle Hill, Green Booth Reservoir, Norden and return.
(4) From Mills to Pleasant Pastures – 5/6 miles
Meet at Eagley Sports Centre/Cricket Club car park. Follow Blackburn Road to Dunscar Bridge. Turn acute right and follow cobbled road to car park. BL7 9PF.
A walk in the area.
President’s Day – Coach trip to Windermere (see newsletter for booking details)
(1) A circular walk from the golf club taking in Orrest Head, Mislet, Whasdike and return to the golf club – 10 miles.
(2) Drop off at Staveley. Walk – Ashes Lane, Dales Way, Crook End, Mildham, Crag House, Clearbarrow and Windermere Golf Club – 8.5 miles.
(3) A circular walk taking in Orrest Head and returning to the golf course – 7.5 miles.
(4) A shorter, circular, low-level walk from the golf club – 5 miles.
(5) Doffcocker Round – 2.5/3 miles
10.30 am Cars to Doffcocker Lodge car park. Frequent bus 125 to Triangle Church.
Walk – Round Lodge, Moss Bank Park, Church Road. Lunch in Triangle cafe.
(1) Cowling – 11 miles
Cars to park in Gill Lane at Cowling, BD22 0DF. SD 967 431.
Walk – Dean Laithe Farm, Hitching Stone, Earl Crag, Glusburn Bridge, Lothersdale, Pennine Way.
(2) Barrowford – 8.5 miles
Cars to Pendle Heritage Centre Car Park, Barrowford, BB9 6JQ. GR SD 862 398.
Walk – Barrowford, Brown Hill, Barley, Thorne Holme and return.
(3) Mytholmroyd Beyond Heben Bridge – 5.5 miles
Car Park in Mytholmroyd, GR 260 013. Park by St. Michaels Church.
Walk – Mytholmroyd to Bellhouse, Cragg Vale, Stanway End Walk devised around historic story of David Hartley King of Coiners with historical explanation of Coiners.
(4) Towers and Turrets – 5/6 miles
Meet at Jumbles car park (possible small charge), BL2 4JS. GR 736 140.
Walk – Last Drop, Horrobin Fold, Turton Tower, Chapeltown, Turton Bottoms and Jumbles.